My Symphony: The Resolution by Jack’s Mannequin
I saw sparks, then I saw a better year ahead.
I never believed in New Year. I never viewed the concept of January 1 as a fresh start. I’d always been skeptical about the manifestation of a new year as a new beginning for some people; however, I came to a point of finally trusting the traditional New Year’s Resolution.
As far as I can remember, when my Social Studies teacher back in Sophomore High asked the class to make a resolution for the new year, I hastily wrote a very non-conforming one-statement essay:
“I will no longer make New Year’s Resolution”.
Three years later, things have been very drastic and emotional that I’ve decided to write a string of promises to myself— promises I’ll try my very best to keep. Without further ado, I present to you my first-ever New Year’s Resolution.
1. No more wild yet lame parties.
[I feel like I’ve outgrown them already]
2. No more fast food chains.
[Including you, Ronald. My system deserves more than the frozen unhealthy treats you offer. I deserve REAL FOOD! ]
3. No more FAKE stuff.
[Which means “goodbye Zagu, goodbye Cheese Curls, goodbye hotdogs and definitely goodbye canned products!”]
4. No more FAKE people.
[Enough trying to be friends with the people I know for myself I’ll never get along with; enough pretending to be innocent when I know all along who’s authentic and who’s plastic; enough playing the Mr. Nice Guy, because I know I never were, and I never will be]
5. No more trying to fit in.
[What is there to blend with in this world, anyway? Most especially, what is there to blend with in this city at all?]
6. No more talking to the people in the PAST.
[What for? It’s OVER. Said and done. They’re all just part of history]
7. A tighter grip to the people in the PRESENT.
[I love you, guys! 🙂 ]
8. A breath-taking and a groundbreaking anticipation of the people in the FUTURE.
[I am just sooo excited to finally meet and greet the people who are yet to make the ride worthwhile]
9. No more EXPIRED FRIENDS AND LOVERS.
[Which means goodbye to the majority of my High School “friends” and to the lame ex-lovers who weren’t good enough to make it to my future]
10. More LOVE. Less lust.
[Enough said. 🙂 ]
11. LESS DRAMA, MORE FUN.
– I no longer care about the crap other people make as long as they don’t mess up with my happiness.
– I no longer care if some infamous people still hate me up until now. Like I said, haters only hate the people they can’t have or the people they can’t be. 🙂
– I no longer care if some people think I’m not good enough, because quite frankly, I know I am, and I don’t need a witness to know I HAVE IT. :p
– I no longer care if I only have very few friends right now. At least, they’re TRUE, and it’s not like having few great friends is a bad thing. As a matter of fact, I feel like this is part of fate. Less people in my life= more space for BETTER ones to come. 🙂
– I no longer care if the life I am living now isn’t what I expected when I was in High School. Honestly, I love this life more and more each day. I couldn’t be more grateful.
– Most especially, I no longer fear what tomorrow brings. There’s nothing to fear. I am only purely EXCITED.
bottom line: This year, I WILL BE TOO BUSY AND TOO HAPPY TO CARE. :p
So there you have it, people. MY NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION. :))